Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-22 of 22
How do I apply for a gun permit?
You can apply for a gun permit by going to the Noblesville Police Department to fill out the appropriate paperwork. You must reside within the city limits of Noblesville to apply at the Noblesville Police Department.
Is there a fee to obtain a copy of a Police report?
Vehicle accident reports are $5.
Crime/Incident reports are free.
Arrest reports are free.
Please have a crash, incident or arrest case # with you when you ask for the report.
How can I obtain copies of a death certificate?
Death certificates are filed in the county that the person died. In Hamilton County, the Hamilton County Health Department is where you would obtain copies of birth and death certificates for people who were born and deceased in Hamilton County. Their phone number is (317) 776-8500.
Does NFD install/inspect child car seats?
The Noblesville Fire Department no longer conducts car seat inspections/installations. We are happy to refer you to the Noblesville Police Department; they have several certified officers able to assist you. Please call their administrative offices at 317-776-6340 to schedule an appointment.
What number should I call for the Noblesville Police Department?
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1. This number is always answered.

If you don't have an emergency but would like to talk to a police officer about something that happened within the city limits of Noblesville, call (317) 773-1300 to talk to a dispatcher. This number is always answered.

If you'd like to talk to someone at the Noblesville Police Department during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, call (317) 776-6340.

If you'd like to talk to a detective at the Noblesville Police Department during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, call (317) 776-6371.
I've had something stolen, but I'm not really concerned about it. Should I report it?
Yes, there are two reasons you should report the theft.

1)The Noblesville Police Department accepts countless numbers of property reported as found including bicycles, stereos and purses that have no identifying information. We would like to return them to the owners, but cannot if we don't know who they belong to. If you report your loss, we can match up our found property with your missing property. Serial numbers are the most important information that helps us do this. Please record your serial number for later use.

2) If you had something taken your neighbors may have as well. If you don't report it and your property is turned in, we cannot link it with the other thefts. If charges are filed, knowing you had things taken as well may help us link it to the suspect.
What is 9-1-1?
9-1-1 is the public's lifeline for emergency police, fire and medical services. It is a number designated throughout the United States and Canada to report an emergency or request emergency services. 9-1-1 services are accessible through residential, wireless and pay phones.
When Should I call 9-1-1?
9-1-1 should be used to report any life-threatening situations such as fires medical emergencies and crimes in progress. medical emergencies. Fires or explosions. Crimes where a suspect is still at the scene or has just fled. Crimes where a threat to life or safety exists. Any crime that is in progress. Home and/or business intruders. Traffic accidents where injuries are known or suspected. Missing children. All violent crimes homicide robbery sexual assault domestic violence fights
When Should I Not Call 9-1-1?
9-1-1 should not be used for non-emergency situations such as:

*As a prank
*For a telephone number
*When the power is out
*When you lock your keys in your car
*When traffic is moving slow
*A barking dog
*When no threat to life or safety exists
*For road and/or weather conditions
What number should I call for non-emergency situations?
You can reach our Dispatch Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 317-773-1300 for assistance with non-emergency situations.
What if I accidentally call 9-1-1?
DO NOT HANG UP. Stay on the phone and explain to the 9-1-1 Dispatcher that you mistakenly dialed 9-1-1. The 9-1-1 Dispatcher may ask you some additional questions to verify your safety.
Who are the people who answer my 9-1-1 call?
Your 9-1-1 Dispatchers are ordinary people doing an extraordinary job. The Communications Department is staffed by highly trained and dedicated civilian employees who have committed themselves to a demanding career in Public Safety Dispatching. The 9-1-1 Center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by these selfless employees who, while we are home with our families, work nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays to keep our communities safe.
What happens when I call 9-1-1?
When you dial 9-1-1 in the City of Noblesville or Westfield you call will be answered by a trained Noblesville Communications Department 9-1-1 Dispatcher. You will be asked for the location of your emergency and then that location will be verified to ensure that we are sending help to the right place. You will then be asked for the phone number that you are calling from, that number will also be verified so that we can call you back in the event that the phone call gets disconnected. You will then be asked to tell the 9-1-1 Dispatcher exactly what happened.

The 9-1-1 Dispatcher is entering this information into our CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system while they are talking to you. The 9-1-1 Dispatcher will ask additional questions so that we can get the right kind of help on the way to you.
How do you know my address and phone number when I call?
When you dial 9-1-1 from a landline phone, your call is automatically routed to your local Dispatch Center and a computer automatically shows the name, address and telephone number associated with your phone number.
Why do you ask me for my address if you already have that information?
We ask for your address or location and verify that address or location to ensure that help is being sent to the proper location. The address that we see may be incorrect, or you may be calling from a neighbor's house, etc. It only takes a few seconds to ask for and verify your location.
What information should I provide to the 9-1-1 Dispatcher?
Provide the 9-1-1 Dispatcher with your location and phone number and then provide the best answers to his or her questions as quickly as possible so that we can get help on the way.
Why do you ask so many questions when I call 9-1-1?
Questions will be asked to make sure that we are sending you the right kind of help. Simply sending you an ambulance does not ensure that a paramedic is on that ambulance. We are all trained and certified EMDs (Emergency Medical Dispatchers). When you call for a medical emergency, it is our responsibility to make sure that all the necessary help is sent. We ask a series of questions to determine what equipment or emergency personnel is needed in addition to an Ambulance. Questions are also asked to ensure your safety and the safety of the emergency responders.

In addition, as EMDs we can provide you with instructions during a medical emergency to assist the patient prior to the arrival of EMS personnel.
Why can't you just take my non-emergency call on 9-1-1 when we are both on the line already?
It is highly important to use 9-1-1 only for emergency situations. When people call 9-1-1 for non-emergency situations the 9-1-1 phone line is then tied up and unavailable for people with emergency situations. The mother with the choking child may not be able to reach emergency services because the line is busy.
What if I speak limited English or no English at all?
Callers who do not speak English or who feel more comfortable communicating in a language other than English, can still access 9-1-1 services. Through a separate interpretation service we have access to more than 100 different languages and dialects.
What if I use a TTY Machine?
Our phone equipment at Noblesville Communications Department is fully equipped for 9-1-1 TDD/TTY calls. Members of the Hearing Impaired community can access emergency services directly by dialing 9-1-1 on their TDD/TTY.
Where can I apply for a parking permit to park in one of the metered lots in downtown Noblesville.
Please contact the Records Division within the Noblesville Police Department at NPDRecords@noblesville.in.us or (317) 776-6340.
Results 1-22 of 22