Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-46 of 46
When is the Noblesville City Court in session?
City Court is held every Tuesday at 8:30 am and 1:00 pm. Please check your violation for the date and time.
Can you give me the number for Cool Creek Park, Morse Beach or Potter's Bridge?
Cool Creek Park, Morse Beach and Potter's Bridge Park are all owned by the Hamilton County Parks and Recreation. Hamilton County Parks owns several parks in Hamilton County as well as the ones mentioned here. Their phone number is 317-896-5874. The City of Noblesville Parks and Recreation Department owns Forest Park, Dillon Park, Seminary Park and Southside Park.
Can you give me the number for the Train Museum that is located in Forest Park?
Their number is 317-773-6000. You will find it listed as the Indiana Transportation Museum. It is a separate entity and is not run by the Noblesville Parks and Recreation Department even though it is located in Forest Park.
How much does it cost for pool passes and what are the hours of operation for the Forest Park Pool?
The pool (Forest Park Aquatic Center) is not operated by the Noblesville Parks and Recreation Department. It is operated by Friends of Central Pool. You can reach the pool by calling 317-773-4649.
Can you tell me how to get to "_______" Park in the Indy Parks system?
How do I apply for a concealed carry permit?
Follow this link: https://www.cityofnoblesville.org/department/division.php?structureid=166#GunPermit
Is there a fee to obtain a copy of a Police report?
Vehicle accident reports are $5.
Crime/Incident reports are free.
Arrest reports are free.
Please have a crash, incident or arrest case # with you when you ask for the report.
How can I obtain copies of a death certificate?
Death certificates are filed in the county that the person died. In Hamilton County, the Hamilton County Health Department is where you would obtain copies of birth and death certificates for people who were born and deceased in Hamilton County. Their phone number is (317) 776-8500.
Are tours of the Fire Department available?
Noblesville Fire Department personnel provide fire safety presentations and fire station tours. To schedule a presentation and/or tour, please call Captain Trevor Hash at 317-776-6336 x1413 at least 2 weeks prior to your anticipated presentation/tour date.
Who do I contact if my child is playing with fire?
Unfortunately some children will show an interest in fire and fire setting. Because this is a serious issue that can have severe consequences that children might not realize, we encourage parents to become involved as soon as possible. Contact Division Chief Rick Russell at 317-776-6336 x1413 to schedule a private meeting with you and your child. Division Chief Russell is trained in identifying at-risk children and fire education and prevention. If you know of a child who shows an interest in starting fires and/or playing with fire, please contact the Fire Department. Early intervention is extremely important and may save loss of life and property from a fire started by a child playing with fire.
Does NFD give out smoke detectors?
The Noblesville Fire Department provides free smoke detectors for low to moderate income households or households with a handicapped member. Call us at 317-776-6336 during normal business hours for more information.
Will NFD fill swimming pools?
The water contained in the tanks of our fire engines and pulled from fire hydrants may contain dirt and other particles, and is therefore inappropriate for filling swimming pools.
Are landlords required by law to furnish smoke detectors in their buildings?
Yes. Noblesville City Ordinance 1657-A, Section VI: Duty of the Property Owner, Manager or Rental Agent states that: Every owner or the manager or rental agent of such owner of any family dwelling unit shall be responsible for the installation and maintenance of required smoke detectors. It is the responsibility of the tenant to maintain, in good working order, any battery powered smoke detector provided by the Owner to include replacement batteries as needed. The maintenance of any smoke detector connected to the building wiring system shall be the responsibility of the owner, manager or rental agent of such property.
Why do I see fire trucks at the grocery store?
Because the firefighters work a 24-hour shift, they eat and sleep at the fire station. The firefighters pay for all of their own food, and sometimes bring food from home. Occasionally they need to go to the store, but they are still on duty. They do not have the freedom to go anywhere alone because they are in constant emergency response mode, and must stay together with their team and their apparatus -- ready to move out at a moment's notice. If you pay close attention, you'll notice that they are carrying emergency pagers and radios. Sometimes they get a call and have to leave their items as they quickly move out toward the emergency.
How many smoke detectors do I need in my home?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), minimum protection requires a smoke detector outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement. On floors without bedrooms, detectors should be installed in or near living areas such as dens, living rooms, or family room.

Be sure everyone sleeping in your home can hear your smoke detectors' alarms even with bedroom doors closed. If not, or if any residents are hearing- impaired, install additional detectors inside bedrooms. For the hearing impaired, there are smoke detectors that flash a strobe light in addition to sounding an audible alarm.

For extra protection, NFPA suggests installing additional detectors in dining rooms, furnace rooms, utility rooms, and hallways. Smoke detectors are not recommended for kitchens, bathrooms, or garages - where cooking fumes, steam, or attics and other unheated spaces - where humidity and temperature changes might affect a detector's operation.
How often should I change the batteries in my smoke detectors?
If your detector is powered solely by the AC current in your house, there is no battery to change. However, if your detector is battery powered or has a battery backup power source, it is recommended you change it annually. Pick a birthday or memorable day, such as New Year's Day to ensure you remember this change.
Where can I get child/handicapped locator window decal?
In the interest of community safety, the Fire Department does NOT recommend that "child" or "invalid" locator decals be placed on exterior home windows for a variety of reasons.

* First, the average family moves often - on average about once every five years. Each time a house changes hands, room use can also change. Even a single family will switch rooms with time, making the decal meaningless.
* Even within a short time period, children sleep in rooms other than their own, leave their room when frightened, or spend the night away and, therefore, will often not be in the room marked with a decal.
* Most importantly, a decal can also be an invitation to a burglar - or worse - to enter through that window because the occupant of that room would present less of a threat.

Keep in mind that rescuing people is a priority for all firefighters. They are trained to make a thorough and systematic search for anyone inside a burning building as soon as they arrive. Spending valuable time looking for windows marked with decals, with no assurance anyone would be in that room, could delay help to anyone still left inside.

Firefighters could also be subject to additional risks in entering a building at a marked window rather than following standard search and rescue procedures.

The most effective way to protect yourself and your family in the event of a fire in your house is to:

* Be sure your smoke detectors are working properly.
* Prepare and practice a family fire escape plan.
* Inform your local dispatch center that there is someone with special needs in the home PRIOR to a fire/emergency response situation.
* Consider installing residential fire sprinklers or making certain your next home has them already installed; they're like having your own firefighter on duty in your home 24 hours every day!

Of course, preventing a fire from occurring in the first place is the best way to save lives.
What does a firefighter do at the station when they are not fighting fires?
Firefighters work a 24-hour shift. We eat, sleep and work out of our fire station. We shop for, purchase and cook all of our own meals. All daily maintenance on fire department vehicles is performed at the fire stations. We are involved in educational programs in the schools and to the public. We perform fire inspections at businesses around town and track every hydrant in Noblesville, making sure that they will work when we need it to. We also attend weekly training to help maintain and continuously improve our skills.
How can I get a Knox Box?
Fire departments across the country use the Knox System to prevent costly forced entry damage while protecting property and lives. Knox key boxes, vaults and cabinets hold building entrance keys, electronic access cards and vital emergency information. Knox key switches and padlocks provide fire department access through property gates. As the property owner, you purchase a Knox Box device, then mount it near your building entrance or property gate, firefighters use a unique high security Knox Master key to open Knox Box devices in their jurisdiction. To obtain an order form or for more information, please contact our Inspections Division at (317) 776-6336.
Are there any special teams at NFD?
NFD is entering the second year of development of the NFD Technical Rescue Team. This team is comprised of approximately 17 individuals who are, or soon will be, certified in the following disciplines: Rope Rescue, Trench Rescue, Building Collapse, Swift Water Rescue, Confined Space Rescue and Heavy Machinery Rescue.
Does NPD install/inspect child car seats?
The Noblesville Police Department has certified officers able to assist you. Please follow this link to request an inspection:
Will NFD refill my fire extinguisher?
The Noblesville Fire Department does not fill or check fire extinguishers. Please consult the Yellow Pages under "Fire Extinguishers" for a company capable of providing this service.
What type of fire extinguisher is best for my home?
A multi-purpose fire extinguisher is best for the home. This extinguisher can be used on any type of fire commonly found in the home. It will often be labeled A-B-C.
Whay type of smoke detector should I have in my home?
There are two types of alarms - ionization and photoelectric. They operate on different principles and therefore may respond differently to various conditions.

Some advantages to each type are set out below:


*Fastest type to respond to flaming fires
*Lowest cost and most commonly sold
*Some models have a hush or temporary silence feature that allows silencing without removing the battery
*Some models are available with a long life battery


*Fastest type to respond to slow smoldering fires and white or grey smoke
*Less prone to nuisance alarms from cooking

Photoelectric smoke alarms may respond slightly faster to smoldering fires, while ionization alarms respond slightly faster to flaming fires. Since you can't predict the type of fire that will occur, it is difficult to recommend which is best. Both alarms will detect all types of fires that commonly occur in the home, and several manufactures make a "dual sensor" model, combining the technology of both models into one device. Installing both types of smoke alarms, or a combination unit, in your home can enhance fire safety, and increase your chance of survival by up to 50%.
What number should I call for the Noblesville Police Department?
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1. This number is always answered.

If you don't have an emergency but would like to talk to a police officer about something that happened within the city limits of Noblesville, call (317) 773-1300 to talk to a dispatcher. This number is always answered.

If you'd like to talk to someone at the Noblesville Police Department during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, call (317) 776-6340.

If you'd like to talk to a detective at the Noblesville Police Department during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, call (317) 776-6371.
I've had something stolen, but I'm not really concerned about it. Should I report it?
Yes, there are two reasons you should report the theft.

1)The Noblesville Police Department accepts countless numbers of property reported as found including bicycles, stereos and purses that have no identifying information. We would like to return them to the owners, but we cannot if we don't know who they belong to. If you report your loss, we can match our found property with your missing property. Serial numbers are the most important information that helps us do this. Please record your serial number for later use.

2) If you had something taken your neighbors may have as well. If you don't report it and your property is turned in, we cannot link it with the other thefts. If charges are filed, knowing you had things taken as well, may help us link it to the suspect.
What is 9-1-1?
9-1-1 is the public's lifeline for emergency police, fire, and medical services. It is a number designated throughout the United States and Canada to report an emergency or request emergency services. 9-1-1 services are accessible through residential, wireless, and pay phones.
When Should I call 9-1-1?
9-1-1 should be used to report any life-threatening situations such as fires, medical emergencies, crimes in progress or where a threat to life or safety exists, home and/or business intruders, traffic accidents, or missing children.
When Should I Not Call 9-1-1?
9-1-1 should not be used for non-emergency situations such as:

*Requesting a telephone number
*When the power is out
*When you lock your keys in your car
*When traffic is moving slowly
*A barking dog
*When no threat to life or safety exists
*For road and/or weather conditions
What number should I call for non-emergency situations?
You can reach the Dispatch Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 317-773-1300 for assistance with non-emergency situations.
What if I accidentally call 9-1-1?
DO NOT HANG UP. Stay on the phone and explain to the 9-1-1 Dispatcher that you mistakenly dialed 9-1-1. The 9-1-1 Dispatcher may ask you some additional questions to verify your safety.
Who are the people who answer my 9-1-1 call?
Your 9-1-1 Dispatchers are ordinary people doing an extraordinary job. The Communications Department is staffed by highly-trained and dedicated civilian employees who have committed themselves to a demanding career in Public Safety Dispatching. The 9-1-1 Center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by these selfless employees.
What happens when I call 9-1-1?
When you dial 9-1-1 in Hamilton County your call will be answered by a trained Communications Department 9-1-1 Dispatcher. You will be asked for the location of your emergency, and that location will be verified to ensure that we are sending help to the right place. You will then be asked for the phone number that you are calling from and that number will also be verified so that we can call you back in the event that the phone call gets disconnected. You will then be asked to tell the 9-1-1 Dispatcher exactly what happened.

The 9-1-1 Dispatcher is entering this information into our CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system while they are talking to you. The 9-1-1 Dispatcher will ask additional questions so that we can get the right kind of help on the way to you.
How do you know my address and phone number when I call?
When you dial 9-1-1 from a landline phone, your call is automatically routed to your local Dispatch Center and a computer automatically shows the name, address and telephone number associated with your phone number.
Why do you ask me for my address if you already have that information?
We ask for your address or location and verify that address or location to ensure that help is being sent to the proper location. The address that we see may be incorrect, or you may be calling from a neighbor's house, etc. It only takes a few seconds to ask for and verify your location.
What information should I provide to the 9-1-1 Dispatcher?
Provide the 9-1-1 Dispatcher with your location and phone number and then provide the best answers to his or her questions as quickly as possible so that we can get help on the way.
Why do you ask so many questions when I call 9-1-1?
Questions will be asked to make sure that we are sending you the right kind of help. Simply sending you an ambulance does not ensure that a paramedic is on that ambulance. We are all trained and certified EMDs (Emergency Medical Dispatchers). When you call for a medical emergency, it is our responsibility to make sure that all the necessary help is sent. We ask a series of questions to determine what equipment or emergency personnel is needed in addition to an ambulance. Questions are also asked to ensure your safety and the safety of the emergency responders.

In addition, as EMDs we can provide you with instructions during a medical emergency to assist the patient prior to the arrival of EMS personnel.
Why can't you just take my non-emergency call on 9-1-1 when we are both on the line already?
It is highly important to use 9-1-1 only for emergency situations. When people call 9-1-1 for non-emergency situations the 9-1-1 phone line is then tied up and unavailable for people with emergency situations. The mother with the choking child may not be able to reach emergency services, because the line is busy.
What if I speak limited English or no English at all?
Callers who do not speak English or who feel more comfortable communicating in a language other than English can still access 9-1-1 services. Through a separate interpretation service, we have access to more than 100 different languages and dialects.
What if I use a TTY Machine?
Our phone equipment at Hamilton County Communications Department is fully equipped for 9-1-1 TDD/TTY calls. Members of the Hearing Impaired community can access emergency services directly by dialing 9-1-1 on their TDD/TTY.
Where can I apply for a parking permit to park in one of the metered lots in downtown Noblesville.
You may purchase a parking permit on-line at https://bit.ly/NPDPark or at the Noblesville Police Department customer service window, located at 135 S 9th St., Noblesville.
What is a Comprehensive Master Plan?
A Comprehensive Master Plan is a guiding document that helps to define policies and priorities for coordinated growth, community revitalization, and the provision of public services/infrastructure. The final plan will contain a vision statement, goals, objectives, implementation actions, maps, and graphics to serve as a guide for future decision making. Comprehensive master plans are long-range, generally looking at least ten years into the future and are based on significant public input. The plan is then used by City staff, the Plan Commission, and the City Council in evaluating potential development projects and City-led community building projects.
What is the difference between the Comprehensive Master Plan and the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)?
The Comprehensive Plan generally guides land use and is an advisory document. The UDO is part of the City Code and regulates the type, scale and intensity of development which may occur in the specific zoning districts. To understand how a parcel of land may be developed, you first need to know how the land is planned in the comprehensive plan, and then determine how the land is zoned. The planning and zoning should generally be in agreement but a parcel planned for low density, single family residential development may be zoned Low Density Single Family Suburban Residential (SR), Low Density Single Family Residential (R-1), or Low to Moderate Density Single Family Residential (R-2).
Why is the Comprehensive Plan an important process for Noblesville?
With the development of a Comprehensive Plan, a community is assessing its past while preparing itself for the future. It is important because it provides a road map for how the City will grow and develop and helps produce a better community, a better environment, and a better economy. This process is one of the best opportunities available to residents to really influence the future of the City.
Who is conducting the update process?
The plan will be created by the Project Team (made up of City staff, officials, and planning consultants), with input and feedback from residents. RW Armstrong is the planning consultant assisting the City with the planning process, including draft document preparation and meeting facilitation.
Results 1-46 of 46